CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Tuesday, September 8, 2009

a little bit of BIG news!!

So for those of you who don't know we are adopting a little boy. We met his birthmom for the first time on August 19 and then he came about 2 weeks before he was due. He has spent the last 2 and a half weeks in the NICU.
Last night we did placement and in 6 months we will do finalization.

This is Logan. Born August 20th at 3# 14.5 oz and 18 inches long. He grew 1.5 centimeters and his discharge weight was 4# 13oz.

This is Logan with his birthmom Tara.
We are so blessed to have Tara as our birthmom. She is wonderful.


Tara's mom Carolyn is in the background. Adoption is such an emotional thing.



This is what placement looks like.
The Birthmom puts the baby in your arms


and they leave
and we finish doing everything that we need.

Getting Logan's diaper changed and his going home outfit on. He also got his first Hepatitis B shot before we left. He got a little mad.Here he is almost ready for his car seat. This is a preemie outfit that he is wearing.
and then get to go home.
Walking out of the NICU.
This is what we came home too. Everyone is watching Ryan feed him. He was ready to eat right when we got home and we thought we would just wait the 10 minutes to get him home. On our way out our caseworker blacked out and hit her chin on the information desk and fell to the ground. It took a while for her to come too and they took her to the ER. We helped with her until the ER team got there and talked to security and wanted to make sure that all of our paperwork that she had was safe. So we got home about 20 minutes later than expected.
Here is Cali coming to check out what we brought home. She is already acting very protective of him!
My mom was the first one to hold him when he was done eating.
Kayla, mom holding Logan, me and Megan

This may be the first baby Quinton has ever held. He made everyone else hold Logan first and then he had mom help him. He is one proud uncle!

13 comments:

Stephanie said...

Hi Ashley, this is Stephanie I used to work with you at UVP. I am so happy for you and your family. Logan is a very cute baby. You are such a cute mom. If you need anything just let me know.

Jer and Jules said...

That's so exciting, I'm just SO happy for you guys! I can't wait to meet him, we have to get together soon.
You guys all look so cute together, your little family is adorable!

Dave& Jaime Adams said...

WOW what an amazing experience huh? My best friend placed a baby for adoption and I watched her go through it all. But its amazing people like you and your husband that made it a little easier. I am so happy for you guys. I know how long you've waited. What an awesome Mommy you'll make. Logan is a lucky little guy. Congratulations!!!

Kat said...

SOOOOO excited for you guys....I want to take some pictures of the little sweetie as soon as you will let me ;) it can be our little gift for you guys. :) we love you and are so happy for you!

Ms. Green Eyes said...

Ashley and Ryan, we are SO unbelievably happy for you guys. You will be fanstastic parents. Keep us posted on little Logan! Soon we'll have lots of similar stories to swap! :)

Em said...

We are so excited for you!! Logan is so cute! Congratulations!

Craig Smith said...

We are SOOOO happy for you we can hardly stand it! Thanks for sharing the pictures - Logan is a doll. We wish we could hold him. Please give him a kiss from us and know that we love you guys!

Melanie said...

I totally cried reading your post. Spencer and I are so happy for you! Congratulations!!!!

Ashlee F. said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Ashlee F. said...

Hey Ash, ditto to the crying part. I can only imagine the happiness you must feel and you deserve every bit of it. Isn't it interesting how the Lord blesses each of us differently? You will make a great mom. Lots of love!

Andrea said...

CONGRATULATIONS!!! We are so happy for you guys. You deserve it! You'll make wonderful parents. Cant wait to meet the little cutie!
Love,
The Smiths

Karolyn said...

Congratulations Ryan and Ashley! This is wonderful news! We are so happy for you guys! What a beautiful little boy! can't wait to meet him someday!

Tare said...

I'm so happy for you and Ryan and Logan!!! I'm sure it was super emotional for everyone involved during placement. I had no idea that's how they did that!!! Is your case worker alright and all your paperwork? Did it all get where it needed to be? Congrats again!! He is SOO precious!